Functional Skills Maths at Level 2
By the end the learner should be able to:
- understand and use positive and negative numbers of any size in practical contexts
- carry out calculations with numbers of any size in practical contexts, to a given number of decimal places
- understand, use and calculate ratio and proportion, including problems involving scale
- understand and use equivalences between fractions, decimals and percentages
- understand and use simple formulae and equations involving one- or two-step operations
- recognise and use 2-D representations of 3-D objects
- find area, perimeter and volume of common shapes
- use, convert and calculate using metric and, where appropriate, imperial measures
- collect and represent discrete and continuous data, using information and communication technology (ICT) where appropriate
- use and interpret statistical measures, tables and diagrams, for discrete and continuous data, using information and communication technology (ICT) where appropriate
- use statistical methods to investigate situations
- use probability to assess the likelihood of an outcome.
FS Maths at level 2 is roughly equivalent to 1/2 of a GCSE. It is the minimum maths required to get on the Level 3 BTEC in Engineering.
We deliver all of this online, with interactive and downloadable resources through our BKSB portal. First you will do an Initial Assessment, to see where your level is, then be allocated resources.