Semester: Learning & Development Ltd
Semester L&D was formed in October 2014 as a result of a need for flexible learning for an apprenticeship scheme. From those small acorns, we have grown up. We started offering the courses we were making for the apprentices, as stand-alone courses. It started with Telecoms, which had some common ground with IT, then included Engineering, as there was also some common units. From here it grew to include HNC and now HND’s in both Computing and Engineering and now Fire Safety.
Completely online, all our tutors and assessors work from home. All have industry experience, some still in industry, not straight from University.
Company Vision Statement
To become the number 1 independent online training provider for Engineering, ICT and Fire qualifications.
Companies we have Partnered with
- Semester L&D’s mission is to increase flexibility in learning and in life. We do this through innovative use of technology whilst using sustainable training methods to help protect the environment.
- Work closely with employers to upskill their workforce by providing a flexible and bespoke service.
- Encourage learners to achieve more through engagement, support and understanding of their situation.
- Create lasting, strategic alliances with similar companies. We aim to provide industry and workers with professional qualifications delivered by professionals from the industry.
- Winner: Digital Business of the Year 2018 – Regional Finalist- FSB UK Business Awards.
- Winner: Online Business of the year 2017 – Regional Winner – FSB & Worldpay UK Business Awards.
- Finalist: Service Leavers Independent Start-up of the Year 2016 – Nationwide Resettlement Awards.
We Are Now ELCAS Approved
For all serving and Ex-Forces, we are now an ECLAS approved centre. Our learning provider ID and name is:
8704 – Semester Learning & Development
Log in to access courses and providers. It is updated regularly. If there is a course on our site that has not been approved, and you would like to do it, please contact us and we will see what we can do.