We offer Apprenticeships in three flavours:
Business & Administration
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration (Framework FRO3845)
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Digital Marketing (Standards)
- Advanced – Level 3 – Manufacturing Engineering (Mechanical Manufacturing)(Framework FRO4156)
- Advanced – Level 3 – Engineering Maintenance. (Framework FRO4156)
- Advanced – Level 3 – Electrical & Electronic Engineering. (Framework FRO4156)
- Advanced – Level 3 – Engineering Technical Support. (Framework FRO4156)
- Advanced – Level 3 – Installation & Commissioning. (Framework FRO4156)
- Higher Apprenticeship in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering – Level 4 (England) – (Framework FR04245)
IT, & Digital Industries
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Web, Software and Telecoms (Framework FRO2161)
- Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in IT, Web, Software and Telecoms
- Infrastructure Technician (Standards)
We are now on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) as a main provider and can:
- Deliver apprenticeship training to employers that pay the apprenticeship levy, for any apprenticeships that started on or after 1st May 2017
- Deliver apprenticeship training as a subcontractor for any apprenticeships that started on or after 1st May 2017.
They are suitable for a number of different roles, such as Engineering or IT Technician, Network Technician or Telecoms Technician, Business Administrator among many others.
They are typically run over 2 years in the workplace. When Semester: Learning and Development manage your apprenticeship, it means that your apprentice will spend more time in work, being more productive, spending less time travelling, less costs on accommodation and getting a better return on your investment than if they went to a bricks and mortar college.
This is made possible by our use of distance learning coupled with our up to the minute Learning Management System (LMS). We also use on-line seminars to bring learners together from different companies and backgrounds so enabling student interaction. We also offer flexible start times, so you are not restricted to when a college starts their courses. Also there are no minimum numbers, you can have as few as 1 apprentice.
The competence element will be assessed in the workplace by our team of expert assessors coupled with the use of an e-portfolio, allowing learners to concentrate on learning on the job.
So what does an apprenticeship consist of?
Standards or Frameworks?
Since May 2017, Apprenticeship Standards came into being. This is sometimes known as Trailblazer Apprenticeships and is set to completely replace frameworks at some point.
Standards are more akin to a job description, than a framework, however there are similarities. The job needs knowledge, competence and other key skills. So some qualifications will be the same. However, in a Standards based Apprenticeship, the apprentice will have to do an End Point Assessment (EPA) and doesn’t necessarily have to complete any qualifications.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Transferable Skills
- Knowledge Qualification
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprenticeship Framework Levels:
The basic apprenticeship at level 2 is on a par with GCSE levels. In Wales it is called the Foundation Apprenticeship. Typically this will give the learner an insight into the industry and allow them to perform basic routine tasks.
The level 3 Advanced apprentice will already have achieved qualifications or an apprenticeship at level 2 and will learn more in depth knowledge and skills in their industry. When complete they will be the team leaders and typically rise quickly in their chosen industry, compared to those that do not follow an apprenticeship route.
A level 4, Higher Apprenticeship is for those who have level 3 knowledge and skills, possibly some A’ Levels and are looking to become leaders in their industry. They will follow a level 4 program which is equivalent in depth to the 1st year of a university Bachelors course.
It is possible for learners to progress through all the levels, it will take time, patience and hard work, but then all apprenticeships that are worth doing are like that anyway.