The BTEC NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma In Engineering Maintenance – Electrical is a competence based qualification.
What is an NVQ?
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) or Competence-based qualifications reflect the skills and knowledge needed to do a job effectively. They are work-based qualifications that give learners the opportunity to demonstrate their competence in the area of work or job role to which the qualification relates.
NVQs/Competence-based qualifications are outcomes-based with no fixed learning programme, allowing flexibility in their delivery to meet the individual learner’s needs. The qualifications are based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the sector, which define what employees, or potential employees, must be able to do and know, and how well they should undertake work tasks and work roles.
Who is this course for?
The BTEC NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma In Engineering Maintenance – Electrical is for those with an electrical bias. You will be working with motors, distribution boards, fault finding and working with little or no supervision.
Group A – Mandatory Units: (All 7 must be completed)
- Handing Over and Confirming Completion of Maintenance Activities (T/600/5516)
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements (A/601/5013)
- Using and Interpreting Engineering Data and Documentation (Y/601/5102)
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering (K/601/5055)
- Carrying Out Fault Diagnosis on Electrical Equipment and Circuits (H/600/5592)
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment (H/600/5606)
- Modifying or Rewiring Electrical Circuits (D/600/5610)
Group B – Plus 2 of the following Optional Units:
[dt_sc_fancy_ul style=”star” variation=”electricblue”]
- Carrying Out Condition Monitoring of Plant and Equipment
- Testing Electrical Equipment and Circuits
- Carrying Out Preventative Planned Maintenance on Electrical Equipment
- Assisting in the Installation of Electrical/Electronic Equipment
Group C – Plus 2 Optional Units:
You are allowed 12 months to complete from registration. Your progress can be monitored in OneFile as we will program your start and finish dates. If you do not complete within the given time, you can extend on a month by month basis.
To find out more about this course, please complete the following information: