This role is found in all sectors and is not limited to IT/ICT. All companies use or can use a data technician. The main purpose is to source, format and present data securely and in a way that can be analysed by the business.
They could work as a part of a team, even remotely, and will interact with colleagues at many levels of the business.
These qualifications are for learners who work in any industry that deals with data. It is not just for school leavers and employers can use the Levy (in England) to upskill existing employees into a new role or to qualify in their current role.
It will require 20% off the Job time (OJT) to study and we can record this on our systems. We are on the Register of Apprenticeship Training providers (RoATP) and can be found on the Government Website.
These qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- develop knowledge related to develop written communication, review online activity, apply structured techniques to problems, use of digital tools and analytics
- achieve Level 3 qualifications
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
Typical Job Roles
- Data technician
- Data Support Analyst
- Junior Data Analyst
- Junior Information Analyst
To find out more about standards type apprenticeships, please see our apprenticeships page.
BTEC Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles:
- ICT U014 – Principles of ICT System and Data Security
- ICT U023 – Communications and Employability Skills
- ICT U024 – Project Planning with IT
- ICT U049 – Information Systems
BTEC Diploma in Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals (L3)
- Health & Safety in ICT
- Develop Own Effectiveness and Professionalism
- Interpersonal and Written Communications
- Data Modelling
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- System Operation
- Database Software
- Presentation Software