What is the Engineering Operations Level 2 Specialist Qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Knowledge) is for learners working. Additionally, it is available for those intending to work in an engineering operative job role. As such, this specialist qualification is designed to support the off-the-job training and development of apprentices on the engineering operative apprenticeship programme. Further to this, it is also for those individuals who are not on an apprenticeship programme but who wish to achieve a qualification to prepare for employment. For further information, please visit here.
Specifications of the Engineering Operations Qualification:
- Firstly, each unit can be delivered individually, contact us for more information.
- Secondly, each unit is graded at Pass only.
- Lastly, level 2 is broadly equivalent to GCSE
Progression Opportunities after completing the Engineering Operations Unit
This is a linear programme and students can progress to the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, or a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Unit 1 — Working in an Engineering Environment
Optional Units – Units
Learners will need to choose 6 of the following to make up 400 GLH:
- Unit 2 — Engineering Techniques
- Unit 3 — Engineering Mathematics and Science Principles
- Unit 4 — Business Improvement Techniques
- Unit 8 — Computer Aided Design
- Unit 9— Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Unit 13— Engineering Maintenance Safety Practices
- Unit 15— Engineering Materials Processes
Others available upon request