What is the Engineering Operations Level 2 Specialist Qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Knowledge) is for learners working, or who are intending to work in, an engineering operative job role.
The qualification is designed to support the off-the-job training and development of apprentices on the engineering operative apprenticeship programme. It is also for those individuals who are not on an apprenticeship programme but who wish to achieve a qualification to prepare for employment
- Each unit can be delivered individually, contact us for more information.
- Each unit is graded at Pass only.
- Level 2 is broadly equivalent to GCSE
This is a linear programme and students can progress to the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, or a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Unit 1 — Working in an Engineering Environment
Optional Units – Units
Learners will need to choose 6 of the following to make up 400 GLH:
- Unit 2 — Engineering Techniques
- Unit 3 — Engineering Mathematics and Science Principles
- Unit 4 — Business Improvement Techniques
- Unit 8 — Computer Aided Design
- Unit 9— Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Unit 13— Engineering Maintenance Safety Practices
- Unit 15— Engineering Materials Processes
Others available upon request