What is BTEC National?
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Nationals in IT are accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) .
The BTEC qualifications in this specification have been developed in the IT sector to:
- give education and training for IT employees
- give IT employees opportunities to achieve a nationally recognised level 3 vocationally-specific qualification
- give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the IT sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing and Systems Development
- give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
What does the course consist of?
There are various sizes of qualification from a single unit worth 10 credits, to an extended diploma worth 180 credits.
90 Credits – 9 Units – Equivalent to 1.5 A Levels
- Unit 001 – Communication and Employability Skills for IT
- Unit 002 – Computer Systems
Optional Unit – choose 7 of the following:
- Unit 003 – Information Systems
- Unit 004 – Impact of the Use of IT on Business Systems
- Unit 008 – e-Commerce
- Unit 009 – Computer Networks
- Unit 010 – Communication Technologies
- Unit 012 – IT Technical Support
- Unit 017 – Project Planning with IT
- Unit 019 – Computer Systems Architecture
- Unit 034 – Business Resources
All units are delivered via our Learning Management System online, so is available 24/7. Assessment is through our e-portfolio, which is where you upload your assignments to. We have a wealth of experience within the team to support you through your studies.
Who is the Course aimed at?
This course is ideal if you are unable to attend a college or university, due to work or family commitments. If you are looking to further your career or you need the qualifications for a promotion or career change, this course deals with materials around computing,
What are the entry requirements?
3 GCSE’s, English, Maths and IT ideally.
Non-native English speakers and those students who have not had their final two years of schooling in English will need to demonstrate one of the following upon entry:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2
- IELTS 5.5 (including 5.5 for reading and writing)
- PTE 51
- or equivalent,
Who is this Course for?
For those working as technicians, who would like to take the next step, or those who would like a career change.
All credits can be used for larger qualifications and are eligible for UCAS points for those seeking entry into University, or onwards to Higher Education, such as the HNC in Computing and Systems Development.
How long do I get to complete this course?
You are allowed 12 months to complete from registration. Your progress can be monitored in OneFile as we will program your start and finish dates. If you do not complete within the given time, you can extend on a unit by unit basis at the individual unit price.
To find out more about this, please complete the contact form.