Who is the The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training course for?
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is for those who are new to teaching or training.
As such, the course prepares trainee teachers and trainers to teach in a wide range of contexts. Therefore, to achieve the qualification, there is a requirement for teaching practice that requires observation and assessment of performance.
The qualification can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers and trainers, including:
- individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- individuals who are currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun teaching and training and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements, of the qualification
- individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice, of the qualification.
Additionally, there is a mix of practical units which require you to be in a teaching or training role so that evidence can be gartered. For unit 009 – you will need to be assessing students on a competence based course, such as an NVQ to gather evidence.
- Firstly, U001 – Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Secondly, U002 – Planning to Meet the Needs of Learners in Education and Training
- Thirdly, U003 – Delivering Education and Training (Minimum of 30 hours needs to be logged)
- Additionally, U004 – Assessing Learners in Education and Training
- Lastly, U005 – Using Resources for Education and Training
Optional Units (15 credits from this group):
- U009 – Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
- U012 – Develop Learning and Development Programmes
- U013 – Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area
- U015 – Engage Learners in the Learning and Development Process
- U018 – Equality & Diversity
- U019 – Evaluating Learning Programmes
- Many more to choose from in terms of competence units
What are the entry requirements?
You must be working as a teacher/trainer/tutor/assessor in order to gather evidence of good practice.
There are no minimum entry requirements, however a good understanding of English and Maths is essential. We can assess your abilities using the BKSB system.
Non-native English speakers and those students who have not had their final two years of schooling in English will need to demonstrate one of the following upon entry:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2
- IELTS 5.5 (including 5.5 for reading and writing)
- PTE 51
- or equivalent
Who is this Course for?
Those who would like a career change, or would like to get qualified in their industry. This course is ideal if you are unable to attend a college or university, due to work or family commitments. If you are looking to further your career or you need the qualifications for a promotion or career change, this course deals with teaching, training and assessment