What is an NVQ?
NVQs/Competence-based qualifications are outcomes-based with no fixed learning programme, allowing flexibility in their delivery to meet the individual learner’s needs. The qualifications are based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the sector, which define what employees, or potential employees, must be able to do and know, and how well they should undertake work tasks and work roles.
Who is this course for?
Within Engineering maintenance there are a number of pathways which you can go down. Each pathway specifies a number of mandatory units, but they are all taken from the same core of units.
Group A – Mandatory Units: (All 7 must be completed)
- Handing Over and Confirming Completion of Maintenance Activities (T/600/5516)
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements (A/601/5013)
- Using and Interpreting Engineering Data and Documentation (Y/601/5102)
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering (K/601/5055)
- Carrying Out Fault Diagnosis on Electrical Equipment and Circuits (H/600/5592)
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment (H/600/5606)
- Modifying or Rewiring Electrical Circuits (D/600/5610)
Group B – Plus 2 of the following Optional Units:
- Carrying Out Condition Monitoring of Plant and Equipment
- Testing Electrical Equipment and Circuits
- Carrying Out Preventative Planned Maintenance on Electrical Equipment
- Assisting in the Installation of Electrical/Electronic Equipment
Group C – Plus 2 Optional Units:
- Too many to list…
How long do I get to complete this qualification?
You are allowed 18 months to complete from registration. Your progress can be monitored in OneFile as we will program your start and finish dates. If you do not complete within the given time, you can extend on a month by month basis.
To find out more about this course, please complete the following information: