What is an NVQ?
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) or Competence-based qualifications reflect the skills and knowledge needed to do a job effectively. They are work-based qualifications that give learners the opportunity to demonstrate their competence in the area of work or job role to which the qualification relates.
NVQs/Competence-based qualifications are outcomes-based with no fixed learning programme, allowing flexibility in their delivery to meet the individual learner’s needs. The qualifications are based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the sector, which define what employees, or potential employees, must be able to do and know, and how well they should undertake work tasks and work roles.
Who is this course for?
Within Engineering maintenance there are a number of pathways which you can go down. Each pathway specifies a number of mandatory units, but they are all taken from the same core of units.
Group A – Mandatory Units: (All 7 must be completed = 197 Credits)
- Handing Over and Confirming Completion of Maintenance Activities (T/600/5516)
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements (A/601/5013)
- Using and Interpreting Engineering Data and Documentation (Y/601/5102)
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering (K/601/5055)
- Carrying Out Fault Diagnosis on Electrical Equipment and Circuits (Y/600/5671)
- Testing Electronic Equipment and Circuits (A/600/5677)
- Repairing Electronic Equipment (D/600/5677)
Group B – Optional Units: (Plus 3 of the following units (27 Credits))
- Too many to list…
Group C – Optional Units: (Alternative to group B units)
- Too many to list…
How long do I get to complete this course?
You are allowed 24 months to complete from registration. Your progress can be monitored in OneFile as we will program your start and finish dates. If you do not complete within the given time, you can extend on a unit by unit basis at the individual unit price.
To find out more about this, please complete the form below.