What is the Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management?
The Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management is appropriate for managers moving into a middle management position. Additionally, those who still retain responsibility for operational processes but are more removed from day to day line management duties. As such, the qualification develops the knowledge and skills required to take on higher level responsibilities. Included in this, responsibilies such as planning and implementing change, developing the skills and occupational competences required to be successful in their role. Therefore, the Diploma helps to broaden knowledge and behaviours in a more flexible and practical way related to today’s leadership and management practices. Furthermore, varied and non routine management tasks are required by middle managers with operational responsibility for substantial programmes and resources. Therefore, tasks include a broad span of control, who pro-actively identify and implement change and quality improvement, negotiate budgets and contracts, lead high level meetings, manage people, performance and information.
Benefits for Learners:
– Firstly, develop your core leadership skills
– Take charge of your personal and professional development
– Get the skills to be able to plan and implement an operational plan
– Improve your working relationships
– Lastly, get a recognised qualification for your personal development.
Benefits for employers:
– Firstly, middle managers with proven skills in operational management
– Managers who can assess and manage their personal and professional development
– A broad selection of optional units to tailor the qualification to suit your organisation’s learning and development needs
– Lastly, promote a culture of organisational learning and development.
What does the course consist of?
Total Qualification Time (TQT)
Through consultation with users, a TQT of 400 hours has been agreed by considering the total number of learning hours required for the average learner to achieve this qualification.
Guided Learning Hours
This is a 53 credit qualification. Therefore, 256 guided learning hours need to be completed.